Finally, the wait is over! Yesterday, i.e. on 20 July, RPSC declared the most awaited vacancy of 2021; yes, you guessed it right, I am talking about the RPSC RAS exam notification.
After a lot of waits, RAS exam notification is out and lakhs of students, teachers, and concerned people are rushing here and there to get the complete details of the RAS exam notification.
If you want to get complete information regarding vacancies, paper patterns, syllabus, etc. then, you are at the best place. Here, in this article, we will cover everything you need to know regarding the latest RAS exam updates, and each second will be worth reading.
So, let’s begin.
This section is for those who are new in this field and beginners interested in this post. So, if you feel like knowing the basic details of the RAS exam, you can proceed to the next section.
RAS exam is conducted every year in the Rajasthan state by the conducting body RPSC. This exam is focused on selecting deserving students through the selection procedures for serving the state government.
Since the vacancies are fewer, the level of competition for the exam is relatively high, and so is the syllabus.
RPSC RAS Exam Notification 2021
Rajasthan Public Service Commission or RPSC has released the RAS exam notification on 20 July for the preliminary exam.
Online applications will start filling on 28 July and will run till 27 August. So, anyone interested in appearing in the exam and eligible for applying can fill the application form.
Date of commencement of application form: 28 July 2021
Last date for applying: 27 August 2021
Date of Preliminary Exam: Not yet disclosed
Now, we will see the most important section for which you might look for, the vacancies.
This time in 2021, there are 988 vacancies for 21 services under the Rajasthan state services and Rajasthan subordinate services. Under the State services, there are 363 vacancies, and under the subordinate services, there are 625 vacancies.
Let us dig a little deeper in this vacancies section.
- Rajasthan Administrative Services: 76
- Rajasthan Police Services: 77
- Rajasthan Account Services: 32
- Rajasthan Industry Services: 4
- Rajasthan Tourism Services:4
- Rajasthan Transport Services: 7
- Rajasthan excise Agriculture Services: 37
- Rajasthan Commercial Tax Services: 38
- Rajasthan Jail Services: 9
- Rajasthan Planning Services: 7
- Rajasthan Integrated Planning Development: 8
- Rajasthan Fertilizers and Civil supplies: 6
- Rajasthan Rural Development Services: 21
- Rajasthan Labour Welfare Services: 1
- Rajasthan State Insurance Services: 3
- Rajasthan Corporative Services: 33
- Raj. Excise Subordinate Services: 32
- Raj Cooperative Subordinate Service: 146 and 2 TSP
- Raj Judicial and Jurisdiction: 19
- Raj. Agriculture Subordinate Services: 68
- Raj. Labour Welfare Subordinate Services: 70 and 10 TSP
- Raj. Planning Subordinate Services: 2
- Raj. Industry Subordinate Services: 3
- Raj. Integrated Child Development Subordinate: 36
- Raj. fertilizer and Civil Supplies Subordinate Services: 106 and 20 TSP
- Tehsildar: 96 and 15 TSP
In the RPSC RAS exam notification, there is a detailed discussion about the eligibility criteria for the students.
Also, it is very important to note down and have a good look at the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam.
The applicants should have a degree from a recognized university.
Read More: Best Books for RAS Preparation
For the posts of Gazetted officers: 21 to 40 years
For the posts of non-gazetted officers: 25 to 45 years
However, according to the caste, there is proper age relaxation, ranging from 5 to 15 years for different category students.
Now, we will look at the basic salary details of a RAS officer.
1 RAS, RPS, Insurance Service, and women & child development service: The pay scale is Rs. 15600 to 39100 with Grade Pay 5400 (Level 14 Matrix)
The net salary is Rs. 61000-66000.
2. Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service, Tourism Service, Jail Service, Co-operative Service, and more: The pay scale is Rs. 9300 to 34800 with Grade Pay 4800 (Level 12 Matrix)
The net salary is Rs. 40000-45500.
3. Rajasthan Social Justice & Empowerment Service, Rajasthan Social Justice & Empowerment Service, Rajasthan Tehsildar Service, Rajasthan Employment Subordinate Service, and more: The pay scale is Rs. 9300 to 34800 with GP 4200 (Level 11 Matrix)
The net salary is Rs. 35500-42500.
4. Rajasthan Subordinate Devasthan Service. Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service, Commercial Tax Subordinate Service, Subordinate Service, and more: The pay scale is Rs. 9300 to 34800 with GP 3600 (Level 10 Matrix)
The net salary is Rs. 33500-38500.
The selection process of RAS is in three steps starting from the preliminary exam. Now, the students qualifying the prelims appear for the next stage in the mains round.
Finally, there is a personal interview round to test the basic skills of the students.
Exam Pattern 2021
- The preliminary exam pattern is simple. It includes a combined paper of General Science and Knowledge.
- The time duration of this single paper is 3 hours.
- The total marks are 200, while the total questions are 150.
Note: There is a negative marking in the prelims exam of 1/3rd of the marks of the corresponding wrong question.
Are you looking for the topics to prepare for and the RAS exam syllabus?
If yes, look at the section below to clear your doubts regarding the syllabus.
RAS Exam Syllabus
Firstly, we shall look at the RAS exam syllabus for the prelims and later for the mains.
Also, note that you can join The Thought Tree for better preparation for the RAS exam and knowing the syllabus well. It is considered the best place for the RAS exam preparation by the toppers and has the best experienced teachers.
RAS Prelims Syllabus 2021
In the RAS pre-exam, the questions are mostly expected from the section below.
- Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
- Rajasthan: Political and administrative system
- Rajasthan: History, Art & Culture, Literature,Tradition & Heritage
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Indian History
- Indian Constitution, Political system and Governance
- Geography of World and India
RAS Mains Exam 2021
There are four papers in all in the mains round of the RAS exam. All the papers are of 3 hours duration, and the marks are added for the final merit list.
- Paper I: General Studies-I: 200 Marks
- Paper II: General Studies-II: 200 Marks
- Paper III: General Studies-III: 200 Marks
- Paper IV: General Hindi and General English: 200 Marks
Read More: RAS Preparation Tips 2021
RAS Interview 2021
The meritorious students from the mains are selected and called for the RAS interview. Here, the students are tested with the basic knowledge, the skills, the personality.
The interview round is of 100 marks, and the final merit list is prepared after the interview.
Till now, we have covered all the information regarding the RAS exam latest updates. But one thing is left, i.e. the application fee. Not to worry, the fee is not too high for all the category students and is worth paying if you get selected.
RAS Exam 2021 Application Fee
The fee for different category students is provided below.
- General Category: Rs. 350
- OBC/MBC/EWS: 250
- SC/ST/BPL of Raj: 150
The mode of payment of the fee is online via different payment methods provided at the time of submission of the application form.
If you still have some doubts, you can look at the few FAQs below. Else, you can contact The Thought Tree, and it can be the one-stop solution to every RAS exam problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q1. Is there a negative marking in the RAS exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking in the RAS exam. For every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 1/3rd of the marks of the corresponding question in the prelims.
Q2. Can I get selected if I start preparing now?
Ans. Yes, it is never late to start. But keep in mind that you have to devote 10-12 hours of study every day to compete with the other aspirants preparing for the last year or more. Once you have decided to prepare with a complete mind, no one can stop you from getting selected. Also, I suggest you join a batch with The Thought Tree. Here, the experience with expertise will help you in solving all your doubts.
Q3. What is the starting date of the RAS application?
Ans. The registration for the RAS prelims will start on 28 July 2021.
Q4. What is the last date of registration?
Ans. You can fill the application form by 27 August 2021.
Q5. Is it easy to crack the RAS exam?
Ans. The RAS exam has a vast syllabus and needs proper guidance and well-planned study to crack the exam.
[…] Read More: RPSC RAS Exam Notification 2021 […]