This article is for all the RAS aspirants out there. Rajasthan Administrative Services is the most respected profession in the state of Rajasthan. Most of the households there look to get a job in the RPSC sector. Today, we will be discussing RAS Officer Salary and other facilities that come along with different posts of a RAS officer.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) was formally established in 1949 and managed by the Rajasthan government. The organization strives to hold various entrance exams and recruit staff in Rajasthan. RPSC also manages the RTS and RPS exams and other recruitment programs. There are 3 stages to any civil service examination – Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.
Before we get to the next point, let me tell you about The Thought Tree (T3). T3 is one of the best coaching institutes for RAS and IAS in Jaipur. We have the best teachers, the best resources for studying, live interactions with industry experts, and the guidance programs. We also provide practical exposure by taking trips to NGOs and similar organizations and covers the whole RAS syllabus in depth. The Thought Tree provides free mentorship till selection and many other services and benefits.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) provides different salary scales for different positions in RAS. RAS officer salary is calculated according to the formula of the Seventh Salary Committee. In addition to the RAS salary in Rajasthan, candidates can also receive many other benefits. Candidates who have submitted their registration number to the RPSC RAS final result list will be included in the RAS. RPSC also determines the salary of each position in accordance with the RPSC RAS 2020 recruitment process.
Read More: RPSC RAS Exam Notification 2021
RPSC RAS Officer Salary
The salary of a RAS officer ranges from 33,500 to 66,000 rupees. The retroactive salary distribution information based on RAS can be found in the points below.
- The salary of a RAS officer ranges from 15,600-39,100 (5400 Grade Pay), and the RAS officer salary is about 60-65,000 (may vary slightly depending on the proposed task), including jobs from different departments, including RAS, RLS (Lekha Seva), RRDS (service for rural development), RPS, RWCDS (Women and Child Development), RWDS (Women Development).
- The salary of a RAS officer ranges from 9,300 to 34,800 rupees (grade pay is 4,800 rupees)-monthly salary of RAS officer for RCTS (commercial tax), RES (Employment services), RPS (planning services) services is about 39,000 to 44,500 rupees. The same goes for RTS (tourism services), RJS (Jail Service), RTS (Transportation Service), RDS (Devasthan Services), RFCs (Civil and Food supplies), RSS (State subordinate) and RCS (Co-operative) Services.
- The salary of a RAS officer ranges from 9,300 rupees-34,800 rupees. The grade pay level is 4,200 rupees. The RAS salary in Rajasthan is approximately 32,500 to 37,500 rupees, which includes RSDS (Devasthan Subordinate), RCTS (Subordinate services for commercial Tax), RES (Subordinate – Excise), RFC services (Civil supplies and food subordinate).
Salary in a Tabular View
|RAS officer Salary (approx.)
|Rajasthan Administrative Services
Rajasthan Rural Development Services
Rajasthan Lekha Seva
Rajasthan Police Service
Rajasthan Insurance Service
Rajasthan women & child development service
|Rs. 15600 to 39100 with
Grade Pay 5400 (L14)
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service
Rajasthan Tourism Service
Rajasthan Udyog Seva
Rajasthan Jail Service
Rajasthan Transport Service
Rajasthan Food & Civil Supplies Services
Rajasthan Devasthan Service
Rajasthan Co-operative Service
Rajasthan Niyojan Karyalaya Seva
Rajasthan Shram Kalyan Seva
Rajasthan Excise (General) Services
Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Officer) Services
Rajasthan Social Justice & Empowerment Service
|Rs. 9300 to 34800 with Grade Pay 4800 (L12)
|Rajasthan Social Justice & Empowerment Service (Pariviksha evam Karagrah Kalyan Adhikari)
Rajasthan Social Justice & Empowerment Service (Samajik Suraksha Adhikari)
Rajasthan Tehsildar Service
Rajasthan Employment Subordinate Service
Rajasthan women & child development Subordinate Service
Rajasthan Alpsankhyak Mamlat Seva
Rs. 9300 to 34800 with GP 4200 (L11)
|Rajasthan Subordinate Devasthan Service
Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service
Rajasthan Commercial Tax Subordinate Service
Rajasthan Food & Civil Supplies Subordinate Services
Rajasthan Subordinate Service (Niyojan)
Rajasthan Sahakari Adhinasth Seva
Rajasthan Shram Kalyan Adhinasth Seva
Rs. 9300 to 34800 with GP 3600 (L10)
Formula for calculating RAS Officer Salary
Total Salary = Basic Pay + Grade Pay + DA (Dearness Allowance) + Other allowance
Other Facilities of RAS Officer
Let us now look at the other facilities of a RAS officer, apart from a RAS officer salary.
- House: An RAS officer gets government-provided accommodation.
- Servants: An RAS officer gets a few servants to look after the house and take care of all the chores.
- Government Vehicle: An RAS officer is provided with a government vehicle to travel.
- Guards: An RAS officer has, at all times, bodyguards around them for their safety and security.
- Internet, telephone, broadband connection, and electricity bill are remitted: An RAS officer does not need to pay for all these necessities, and the state government pays all these.
- Study leaves: If a RAS officer wishes to study for any exam, they will be granted study leaves to prepare for it.
- After retirement: Every government servant, official, the employee gets a guaranteed pension after their retirement till their death.
- Many other perks and benefits: Other perks include free or highly subsidized water and gas.
Candidates between the ages of 21 and 35 who have a degree from any of the universities established by a law of the Central or State Legislature in India or any other educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or as a university under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act of 1956 or the possession of an equivalent qualification recognized by the government in consultation with the Commission is eligible for examination.
Read More: Best RAS Preparation Tips 2021
It is not just about the salary of the RAS officer and other facilities associated with it. Once you are selected and become a RAS employee, you will make your parents, family and friends proud. It’s not just the end! You have a unique reputation in the community, where you are regarded as the ultimate authority at work. You will become a more responsible citizen. If you are a patriot who has always dreamed of doing something for the country, this may be your golden opportunity. As a RAS officer, you have many options to serve ordinary people in need.
You can also help in the formulation of government plans that benefit our citizens. This is a simple but prestigious position that will bring you great recognition on the social ladder and even take you to the next level. There are even opportunities to advertise for famous names, and there is no restriction. It is all endless.
That is it for now. I hope I inspired a few of you to go out and try for RAS examinations. I will suggest to join The Thought Tree for RAS exam preparation as we will help you on your way to achieving your dream.